Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mixing Colors




I love, love, love color mixing. Yesterday I spent about an hour just mixing colors... and didn't even get around to painting until today. Working on a portrait of young Queen Elizabeth with her dog.

Mixing colors is so meditative. I love the focus, the quietude, the subtle variations, the insight. What if you just mixed all the colors and never painted the picture?

ps. weird. sorry the picture is rotated. Blogger did that all by itself, and I can't figure out how to undo it!

1 Comments:

Blogger urban vegan said...

Very nice--I can see how it is meditative. I feel that way about cooking.

Blogger did the twisteroo on me, too. You have to first save your photo to another location (or as another file), then post it from that location. It usually works.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home